Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Bernie Kerik is in Hot Water

It looks like Bernie Kerik, Rudy's top cop back when he was mayor, is about to be indicted. In the article, it lays out that he may be charged with tax evasion. making false statements and other items. Whether he did it or not, I do not know. Kerik seems to be a little on the mischievous if you ask me. I would not outright reject the possibility he did this stuff.
What is interesting is the timing. Giuliani is the 'front runner' (till Fred announces). Hillary and Obama are behind him in the polls everywhere. This just doesn't seem to smell right to me. The Dems will jump on this most assuredly. They will ride this hard trying to tie this both to Giuliani and Bush. I went to a liberal blog I frequent and saw these comments...
Another quality Bush appointment. A Senate confirmation process is the only thing that stopped this creep from heading up the Department of Homeland Security

I think the Bush admin brings out the worst in people. This guy would have been honest on the application, but heard he had the inside track and to not worry about it. I think that kind of thing has happened quite a bit. People who have never crossed the line before, feel they can do that now, because of the corrupt Bush administration. We call it the “culture of corruption”.

According to these folks, Kerik's problems are Bush's fault. They will try to flame Giuliani on this. They will say "Well if Kerik was dirty how much did Giuliani know?"

I hope Giuliani can stay about the fray here. If these accusations set him on fire, Giuliani will have tough time getting firefighters to put it out.

Stay tuned


RR

No comments: