Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Horrible Similarity

The Virginia Tech Shootings are a tragedy. There is no way around that. What that kid did was unforgivable. It was scary to think that this can happen at our colleges. My prayers are with the victims and their families.
What is scarier is what came today. From CNN.com ...

"A package mailed to NBC News by Virginia Tech killer Cho Seung-Hui contained disturbing video, writings and photographs of the troubled student. Authorities say Cho killed 32 people and then himself at the Blacksburg, Virginia, campus on Monday, April 16. The network reported the package was mailed at 9:01 am, between two shooting incidents and the photos show Cho handling the two handguns he used in the massacre. NBC News has given the material to investigators."


These documents, pictures and especially the video remind me very clearly of one thing. The messages left behind by suicide bombers. This is a horrible coincidence. Or is it. I am not saying he was a terrorist or a jihadist, nor do I have any proof. His messages sure sound similar to what is left behind by the 'martyrs'. That similarity is chilling.
How many shootings by young men have taken place on college campuses in the last year. I can think of one in Minnesota and one in Montreal. I bet there are more. I am speculating that there are a lot of similar attacks like this, maybe not as large, but just similar in style.
It just occurred to me that this coincidence existed and I had to get it out there. Cho is, hopefully, just a insane maniac and not part of something larger.

Stay Tuned

RR

No comments: